Disney Programs is excited to expand its offerings with the International Culinary Training Program! This program extends access to the many benefits of a Disney Culinary Program to candidates from across the world. That’s right – incoming participants of the International Culinary Training Program will be part of creating unforgettable dining experiences while representing their culture to peers and guests at Walt Disney World® Resort.
With more than 500 dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort, International Culinary Training Program participants will create culinary magic in one of many areas from catering to signature dining, and fast casual to special events and festivals. If you’re interested or know a great candidate for the International Culinary Training Program, here’s what you need to know.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Be 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be able to speak and read English fluently.
- Have not participated in a J-1 Culinary Trainee program in the United States within the past 24 months.
- Be currently enrolled full-time or within twelve months of graduating from a culinary program outside of the United States OR; graduate of a culinary program outside of the United States with at least one year of full-time culinary experience outside of the United States OR; possess at least five years of full-time culinary work experience outside of the United States.
- Have completed Sanitation Class by the time of arrival.
- Possess the following cooking skills or completed the courses below:
- Basic foundation classes completed
- Overall basic skills completed
- Plating etiquette and volumes skills
- Sautee skills
- Have experience using the following equipment:
- Meat slicers
- Tilt kettles
- Flame broilers
- Flat tops and induction flat tops
- Deep fat fryers
- Propane grills
Additionally, this program has some expanded qualifications pertaining to work authorization in the United States. Those qualifications are:
J-1 Intern: A foreign national who is currently enrolled full-time and pursuing studies in their advanced chosen career field at a degree-or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside of the United States or who graduated from such an institution no more than twelve months prior to their exchange visitor program begin date.
J-1 Trainee: A foreign national who has either a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in their occupational field acquired outside of the United States or who has at least five years of full-time work experience in their occupational field acquired outside the United States.
A world of experience and a taste of magic awaits! If you are interested in the Disney International Culinary Training Program or know someone who’d be a great candidate, visit the job description to learn more and apply today!