You got the email. It’s the next step in your potential Disney English journey…The Video Interview. Wondering how you should prepare? Here are a few tips to make your interview smooth sailing:
- Arrive online early. Whether a video call or face to face, it’s great practice to not be late!
- Test the platform prior to the interview time. Make sure you know how to navigate the user interface, and that it works with your device!
- Be prepared. Be sure to read the communications sent prior to the interview. Think of why you are fit for this role and how you stand out. Anticipate questions your recruiter could ask and prepare accordingly.
- Find a suitable environment:
— Remove any distractions (pets, TVs, etc.)
— Find a quiet room where you can have a conversation with your recruiter
— Check the internet connection
- Dress smart. You want to put your best foot forward and first impressions do make a difference!
- Listen. The recruiter wants to get to know you, so be sure to really listen to their overview of the role and the questions they relay to you. Especially if it is a video interview, sometimes the connection can lag or have a slight delay.
- Ask questions. This shows interest but can also help to clarify the role.
- Relax and have fun. Remember, this is a chance for the recruiter to get to know you, but also for you to get to know the company.
Your interview is important. You have already invested time in completing the application and process thus far. The interview is a personal insight into your skillset and also provides time for you to fully understand the role with direct insight from the recruiter. Take the opportunity to share and learn. Also, remember that you know you the best, so highlight those skills and experiences that make you stand out! We look forward to talking to you soon!