Moving to China is a big deal, but it doesn’t have to be scary. Disney English offers many resources and tools to make your move to China as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Here are the top five ways Disney helps with your big move to China:
1. Disney pays for your flight to China. Not only does this save you the cost of a plane ticket, but it also answers the inevitable question: How will I get to China? In addition, Disney provides a monthly travel stipend. You can use this money for your travels while in China, or you can save it for your trip home at the end of your contract.
2. You will be matched with a Disney English Ambassador before you arrive. A Disney English Ambassador is a Foreign Trainer who has demonstrated excellence at work and thus has been chosen to act as a mentor to newly-hired Foreign Trainers. Your Disney English Ambassador will be from the same city that you are assigned to and can answer any questions you have before (and after) you arrive. He or she will even meet you at the airport!
3. Disney provides resources and contacts to find housing. When you arrive in China, you’ll receive hotel accommodations for three weeks. But long-term, you will need to find your own housing, as Disney does not provide company-sponsored housing. However, Disney can connect you with local realtors and agencies that are known for finding the right deal and fit for our Foreign Trainers. You can also ask your Disney English Ambassador for any tips or tricks acquired from personal experiences while apartment hunting. Additionally, Disney provides a monthly housing stipend – which varies by city – that helps pay for your rent.
4. Disney provides health and dental insurance. When living abroad, many people wonder how they will be covered should they need medical attention. In case of an emergency or for a regular checkup, you’ll be taken care of with health and dental insurance provided by Disney. You also receive sick leave, so if you do become ill, you have time to recover while still receiving your paycheck.
5. Disney helps you every step of the way. Once you accept your offer to become a Foreign Trainer, there will be many steps to take before you arrive in China. But Disney will be communicating with you the whole time and helping you along the way. For example, you will need a Chinese work visa in order to be legally authorized to work in China. Disney will guide you through the process and advise what documentation is needed to apply. You will also need TEFL certification to indicate that you are qualified to teach English as a foreign language. If you don’t already have this credential, Disney will pay for the courses required to obtain it.
To learn even more ways Disney helps you, and to hear from the Foreign Trainers themselves, check out the video above!