Walt Disney Television, in partnership with FosterMore, is working to bring awareness around and support the work of foster families, social workers, community organizations and others that are working to improve the lives of young people in foster care across the country during National Foster Care Month this May.
DONATE YOUR SMALL TALK
Let’s talk about the more than 400,000 kids in the foster care system.
Talking about foster care can help foster care. So, we are asking you, and everyone else, to Donate Your Small Talk. If we all stop wasting small talk on mindless conversations about the weather or our lunch plans and donate it to foster care, we can help change the lives of millions of kids.
- 184,000 households in the U.S. have at least 1 foster child younger than 18.
- 70% of foster youth aspire to go to college.
- 700 kids enter the foster care system every day.
- 23,000 foster kids age out every year.
- 1 in 5 foster kids will be homeless when they age out of foster care.
- 1 in 184 kids in the U.S. are in foster care.
- The average age of a child in foster care is 8 years.
- There are over 400,000 kids in the foster care system at any given time.
- It takes 34 months, on average, for foster kids to get adopted.